In-context checkout provides a single-page checkout experience, improving conversion rates by enabling shoppers to pay in a couple of clicks without leaving your website.
- Shoppers select PayPal as their payment method and place the order.
2. The PayPal In-context checkout window appears and prompts shoppers to log in to their PayPal account.
3. Shoppers log in and confirm the payment.
4. 2Checkout redirects shoppers to the shopping cart and they place the order.
In-context checkout is available for all 2Checkout accounts (Standards, Growth and Enterprise) and it is supported by the best-converting 2Checkout purchase flows:
- One-page checkout with review
- One-page checkout without review
- Express checkout
Express PayPal payments are not supported for shoppers in the following countries:
- The People's Republic of China
- The Republic of India
- The People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
- The Kingdom of Bahrain
- The Kingdom of Bhutan
- The Nation of Brunei
- The State of Israel
- The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- The State of Kuwait
- The Kingdom of Morocco
- The Sultanate of Oman
- The State of Qatar
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- The Republic of Tunisia
- The United Arab Emirates
- The Republic of Yemen
2Checkout supports express PayPal payments in the following currencies:
- USD (US Dollar)
- EUR (Euro)
- GBP (British Pounds)
- AUD (Australian Dollar)
- CAD (Canadian Dollar)
Using in-context checkout does not incur any additional costs on top of the existing 2Checkout commission.
1. Keep shoppers on your website. Shoppers can now pay for their orders with PayPal without being redirected to PayPal's website.
2. Simplified design. A friendly and easy to use interface keeps shoppers focused on what matters most, completing purchases in only a few clicks.
3. Cross-platform support. The fast checkout experience is consistent across platforms and devices, even if your shoppers use computers, tablets, or smartphones. Since mobile shopping usage is increasing, the checkout experience is optimized for mobile screens.
1.Will pop-up blockers prevent the in-context checkout window from being displayed?
2.Can shoppers resize, dismiss and expand the in-context checkout window?
Yes. Dismissing (clicking the x on) the window takes the consumer back to the merchant site to continue shopping. Expanding the in-context checkout window will show the full-page checkout experience.
3.Will the in-context checkout window lose focus behind another window?
No. The in-context checkout window stays on top if shoppers click the parent window. If the in-context checkout window does lose focus (by minimizing the window, for instance), shoppers can bring it back by clicking the link on the greyed out merchant page.
4.Does the in-context checkout window appear on mobile devices?
No. The smaller screen sizes favor a full page checkout experience.