2Checkout's data portability capabilities enable you to import and export products using the XML (Extensible Markup Language) file format.
Import/Export as XML is available for all Active and Inactive products.
Import/Export XML file syntax
Use UTF-8 character encoding.
Please ensure the import file adheres to the XML 1.0 specification syntax rules.
- XML declaration: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
- <Export></Export> is the root element for the export and the import file.
- XML elements feature start and closing tags, as long as there's information to be imported or exported: <Products> INFO </Products>. When no data is included or available, a single tag is sufficient : <AdditionalField/> .
- XML tags are case sensitive. Use <Products> INFO </Products> and not <Products> INFO </products>.
- XML attribute values must be quoted.
- Use this syntax <!-- This is a comment --> for comments in XML.
- White-spaces are preserved.