2Checkout supports local Brazilian Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Elo and HiperCard credit / debit cards limited to national purchases in Brazilian Real. Local cards in Brazil account for approximately 50% of all domesticonline transactions.
IMPORTANT: Payments made with Brazilian cards require shoppers to input a valid phone number and the CPF (Cadastrado de Pessoas Físicas) fiscal code.
Free orders / trials
2Checkout charges customer cards using local Brazilian Visa and MasterCard credit / debit cards a minimum amount for authorization purposes and will refund the entire value immediately.
Brazilian customers are able to use installments for online transactions when using Visa and MasterCard. Installments are only available for initial purchases and manual renewals, but not for automatic renewals. The minimum amount for an installment is 5 BRL. 2Checkout will split the total costs of an order ensuring that shoppers pay at least 5 BRL for each installment.
- What are the supported currencies for domestic BR cards?
- BRL (Brazilian Real)
- Do domestic Brazilian cards support recurring charges?
- Yes, for one-off transactions.
- No for transactions using installments, but shoppers can manually renew their subscriptions.
- How do shoppers choose installments?
- In the ordering interface, after shoppers select one of the supported domestic cards available for your account, they can choose to pay in full, or using installments (from 2 to 6).
- What's the minimum amount of an installment?
- Each installment must be a minimum of 5 BRL.
- How am I paid for transactions using installments?
- 2Checkout pays you in the full value of the transaction, minus the commissions you agreed to for your account, regardless of the number of installments (this is covered directly by the banks).
- Why is this important?
- Authorization rates are much higher on locally issued cards (given fact that numerous Brazilian credit cards are closed for cross-border transactions) and access to installments is done through a local acquirer.
- What is the 2Checkout commission for domestic Brazilian cards?
- Please contact 2Checkout directly for this information.
- Do local BR cards with / without installments require an addendum to my contract?
- Yes. Please contact us at info@2Checkout.com for activation.
- Do I have to offer installments?
- No, 2Checkout can set only local cards supporting one-off payments.
- Does lead management work for unfinished payments via local BR cards?
- 2Checkout sends fllow-up emails for failed one-off transactions with local Brazilian cards, but not for installments.
- Are refunds supported for local Brazilian cards?
- Yes. However, only a single either total or partial refund can be issued for each order.