Latest eCommerce trends indicate that an increasing number of customers are opting in for a mobile paying experience when buying goods and services online. Simultaneously, when considering companies with a strong presence in the world of mobile devices, laptops, and tablets there is a player we all know: Apple.
Combine the first two statements and you'll understand why using a checkout flow that links the mobile experience with an Apple operating system only leads to positive results.
Apple Pay provides an easy and secure way to make payments via iOS apps, watchOS apps, and websites on Safari. Nonprofits can accept donations within their apps and websites with Apple Pay.
- Seamless payment experience. Shoppers are finalizing orders with minimum effort, with only a few clicks.
- Cross-platform support. The checkout experience is consistent across many platforms and devices: computers, tablets, or smartphones.
- Enhanced security. Shoppers authorize the payment using their Touch ID or Face ID, while the payment information is sent by Apple Pay in a tokenized form.
Apple Pay is available for all 2Checkout accounts Contact 2Checkout for additional information.
Shoppers need to use a device that supports Apple Pay (check the full list of devices in the FAQ section below).
Apple Pay is available only for a selected list of countries.
To display the Apple Pay buy button in cart, include the "DESIGN_TYPE = 2" parameter in your buy links. See more information about the Express payments checkout flow here.
2Checkout does not apply any cost to orders paid via the Apply Pay flow. Your incoming orders will be commissioned based on the credit card method used during the purchase (Visa / MasterCard).
- Shopper clicks the Buy with Apple Pay button in the checkout page.
- Apple Pay payment sheet opens on top of the checkout page.
- Shopper selects one of the cards associated with his iCloud account and verifies his billing/shipping information.
- Shopper authorizes payment with their Touch ID / Face ID.
- Payment is confirmed and order is finalized with the information retrieved from shopper's iCloud account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What devices are supported by Apple Pay?
A: Apple Pay is available on the following devices:
- iPhone & iPad: iPhone X, 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone 7 / 7 Plus, iPhone 6S / 6S Plus, iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro with iOS 10 or later installed;
- Mac: All the Macs with macOS Sierra or later installed but only available via an iPhone X, 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone 7 / 7 Plus, iPhone 6S / 6S Plus, iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone SE or an Apple Watch / Apple Watch Series 2 and only via Safari.
Q: How can I find out if Apple Pay is available in my country?
A: Check here the list of countries where Apple Pay is available.
Q: What card networks are available in Apple Pay?
A: Supported networks: Visa, Mastercard.
Q: Does Apple Pay work on other devices (other than Apple Pay)?
A: No. It works only with Apple devices.
Q: Will pop-up blockers prevent the Apple Pay window from being displayed?
A: No. As the popup is generated by the browser it will not be blocked.
Q: Does Apple Pay support automatic renewal?
A: Yes, orders placed via Apple Pay can be automatically renewed, according to the subscription settings.
Q: Can refunds or chargebacks be processed for orders placed via Apple Pay?
A: Yes, as Apple Pay is an express flow for orders placed through credit cards, automatic refunds can be issued, and customers can open disputes from their bank.