Standardized online banking-based payment method tailored to users in The Netherlands. iDEAL supports online payments via secure online transfers directly between bank accounts. With the participation of ABN AMRO, bunq, ASN, ING, Knab, Rabobank, RegioBank, SNS Bank, Triodos Bank, and Van Lanschot Bankiers, nearly 97% of the Dutch consumers can be reached with iDEAL. About 75% of the consumers of these banks use internet banking. No less than 60% of all Dutch online shoppers use iDEAL, totaling 13 million transactions monthly. iDEAL supports the one-page checkout purchase flow.
- When placing the order, shoppers in the Netherlands can select iDeal as a payment option and choose their bank.
- Customers will have to access the online banking environment of the bank they selected, and follow the instructions presented to them in order to process the transaction.
In the process of supporting recurring payments, 2Checkout also adapted the iDEAL implementation for full SEPA compliance.
Recurrent billing support
- Dutch shoppers purchase subscriptions using iDEAL, and opt to be automatically charged for future renewals.
- 2Checkout receives the payment confirmation along with their bank account information.
- 2Checkout subsequently uses the bank account details received for the iDEAL transaction initially authorized to automatically charge customers through Direct Debit, collecting funds directly from their bank accounts when renewing their subscriptions.