2Checkout supports the seamless transition of shoppers to a web page of your choosing following order completion. Shopper redirect will only happen after the order is placed successfully.
All 2Checkout accounts.
2Checkout bypasses the Thank You page (finish.php) completely and no longer displays it to shoppers. If you use analytics code in finish.php be aware that it will no longer collect data.
Please note that setting up a Redirect URL and effectively redirecting shoppers to a different webpage after they place an order cancels any AfterSale Messages that you might have set up. 2Checkout displays AfterSale Messages in the Thank You page, at the end of the purchase process, but the Redirect URL causes the process to bypass the Thank You page and sends shoppers directly to the web page of your choosing.
Instant Delivery in finish.php
By redirecting shoppers to a different webpage after they place an order effectively cancels Instant delivery (in the Thank you page).
Instant delivery takes place in the Thank you page, at the end of the purchase process, but Redirect URL causes the process to bypass the Thank You page altogether, and sends shoppers directly to the web page of your choosing.
2Checkout always redirects shoppers:
- If they use an instantaneous payment method (including when they purchase paid trials).
- When payment is not required (order value is 0).
2Checkout does not redirect shoppers when they:
- Use an offline payment method such as bank/wire transfer.
- When they order free trials.
Configure the Redirect URL
To configure the Redirect URL, make your way to the Sales Links area of the Control Panel.
- Click Generate Links under Setup, and select the Default flows tab. Alternatively, you can also hit the Get buy links for this product link under the Information tab, just to the right of the Product ID, when editing a product.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Options section and locate the Additional options area. Enter the URL for the destination to which shoppers will be redirected once they finalize payments for orders they place through the 2Checkout system.
- Once you entered all desired details, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Generate link button. The Buy Link created will contain a &BACK_REFparameter just as in the example below. The URL following the &BACK_REF parameter is the same as the one entered under the Redirect URL field in the Additional options area.
- While you can use the Control Panel to ease the introduction of the Redirect URL into Buy Links for your products, you can also enter it manually. Just introduce &BACK_REF= http%3A//www.YourCustomRedirectURL.com into the Buy Link and replace YourCustomRedirectURL with the actual name of the custom web page where shoppers will be redirected.
Validate 2Checkout redirects
2Checkout generates the ctrl parameter automatically and adds it to Buy Links when you use BACK_REF.
ctrl is a HMAC (keyed-hash message authentication code) MD5 code enabling you to validate that the redirect was generated by 2Checkout. The code is generated using the characters length of the redirect URL, concatenated with the redirect URL.
STRING for HMAC_MD5 calculation
129 represents the length of the sequence of parameters.
Secret key for this example
Resulting ctrl parameter value