Overview and benefits
Provide shoppers with details about new products, coupon codes, links to other resources or any information that you believe could bring future sales. Customizing shopper emails brings many benefits to both you and your shoppers:
- Offer a consistent customer experience, fully integrated with your website.
- Reflect the "voice of your brand" and drive engagement from your customers.
- Recover lost revenue from abandoned carts and unsuccessful payments.
- Add important fulfillment information regarding your products, especially if 2Checkout is not delivering the products to your customers.
- Add installation and product usage instructions.
- Insert social networking links to continue the conversation with your clients and always be in touch.
- Reach out to your customers in their own language. 2Checkout supports email translations and customizations in more than 33 languages (delivery emails, order emails, renewal / subscription emails and order follow-up).
Contact 2Checkout to customize your account's emails.
What emails can I customize?
During the purchase process, 2Checkout may send several emails to your customers, according to your settings and the ordering flow. You can customize emails from the following categories:
- Electronic Delivery
- Renewal (Subscriptions related)
Follow the steps below to customize your emails.
- Go to Marketing tools -> Email template manager.
- If you never had any custom email templates made by you or by 2Checkout, you are using the default 2Checkout template. This is the starting point to creating a new custom HTML template for your emails. You can see all previously created email templates at the top of the page. Click Create custom template to start building a new template.
- Customize the email header. Use the editor to upload your logo or enter a custom text to be displayed as the email header. The editor supports creating a full new header, with texts, images and other HTML elements. Also, you can upload a custom HTML header. Click Source and enter your own code.
- Customize the email body. Change the styles of the email body using the editor functions: text font, color, size and font properties.
- Customize the footer. You can do this through the editor or by entering your own source code, just like customizing the template header.
- Save the template.
- To preview the changes you made, click Preview.
Edit email subject lines and add custom text
You can add custom text to three 2Checkout emails:
- Automatic renewal
- Manual renewal
- Manual renewal with coupon
Click Add custom text and edit the subject line of the template according to your preferences. Click the tags to add them to the template.