Avangate sends out the electronic delivery email automatically to fulfill orders - delivering binary keys, activation codes, Backup Media, Download Software Insurance details or product files to your shoppers.
As of July 13th, 2016, you can use a redesigned template complete with fresh content. The new template has replaced the previous electronic delivery email, but any customization you have in place, either in terms of styling or content, continues to be available.
All Avangate accounts.
What is the purpose of this email?
Avangate sends the electronic delivery email for those products where you set fulfillment to be performed through Avangate delivery.
Depending on what actions need to be performed by your clients in order to receive access to your products, the email includes one or several of the following:
- Product/Subscription plan information
- Activation keys/codes accompanied by short descriptions
- Downloadable product files, backup media and download insurance service
- Technical and payment support contact details
Is this the only email my shoppers receive after placing an order?
Avangate can send the electronic delivery email either standalone or combined with the payment receipt notification (in one single email).
Depending on your account's setup, for each order containing at least one product configured with Avangate delivery your shoppers can receive:
- Default: one email containing both the payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages.
- Two email notifications: the payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages, separately.
- Three email notifications: an order confirmation email, plus the payment receipt and the electronic delivery messages, separately.
Contact Avangate to change your default configuration if you find another setup better suited for your customers.
Preview and test email
Navigate to the Email template manager section to:
- Preview and test current templates for emails sent to your shoppers.
- Customize the header and the footer sections by creating custom templates you can assign to one or several of your emails.
Access the electronic delivery email under the section with the same name.
Why don't I see the new template for the electronic delivery email?
The redesigned template for the electronic delivery email has automatically replaced default templates.
If your preview of electronic delivery email does not show the new template, you're most probably using a customized version, that includes content and/or styling your company requested at a certain point in time.
You are more than welcome to compare the above sample to your current template and send us an email if you decide the new one suits your business needs better. We will happily work with you on the switch.