Apply discounts to specific products added to the shopping cart.
Volume discounts impact the unit price applied by the platform for both Channel Manager and resellers if you (vendor) use the products in both channels.
Available for all 2Checkout accounts.
2Checkout automatically applies product promotions when the shopping cart contains a product you assigned the promotion to.
Adding a product promotion
- Go to Marketing tools -> Promotions -> Regular promotions.
- Click Add regular promotion.
- Give the promotion a suggestive title and description. Shoppers can see the promotion title during purchase.
- Add localized promotion names for any of the supported languages. The 2Checkout shopping cart automatically displays localized promotion names based on the selected shopping cart language.
- Select when you want the promotion to run. You can limit promotions to a specific time interval or let them run indefinitely. To start a promotion as soon as you mark it Active, leave the start date empty. If you don't set the end date, the promotion will stop when the maximum number of orders has been reached or will continue to run if the maximum number of orders is unlimited.
- Choose whether to apply the product promotion to eCommerce orders, partner orders (Channel Manager) or both.
- Choose the coupon / voucher type:
- Single - one voucher to impact multiple orders;
- Multiple - individual and unique, per-order vouchers.
- Choose whether to restrict the promotion to a number of orders, or apply it for all orders. This option is only available for single coupons.
- Choose whether or not to limit the promotion based on the product quantity. Any product quantity above this limit will be sold at full price.
- Fill in the promotion coupon/voucher code. The maximum length of a coupon code is 255 alphanumeric characters.
- Single: enter the coupon values manually
- Multiple: either add the values manually one coupon per line, or use the coupon generator available in the Control Panel to generate 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 or 100 vouchers at a time and either append them to an existing list or replace existing items. The generator creates random vouchers that resemble this: D8C10E32. 2Checkout recommends limiting the number of coupon codes to a maximum of 25000.
- Select the discount type:
- Choose whether or not to apply discounts automatically. Only available for single coupons. This option applies discounts to all selected products in all orders, without the need for shoppers to enter the coupon manually.
- Choose whether or not to publish the promotion to the 2Checkout Affiliate Network.
- Activate the promotion.
- Select the products to be included in the promotion.
- Click Save.