The 2Checkout system calculates the status of subscriptions dynamically based on their expiration date, grace period deadline and the date when the subscription information is requested (when info is displayed in the Control Panel or when a relevant API method is invoked). Only Canceled subscriptions are marked as disabled in the 2Checkout system.
- Active: The date when the subscription status is calculated / requested precedes the expiration date.
- Pending activation: The subscription start date begins at a future date.
- Past due: The date when the subscription status is calculated / requested comes after the expiration date but precedes the grace period deadline. Customers can still make changes to their subscriptions, such as manual renewals or upgrades.
- Expired: The date when the subscription status is calculated / requested comes after the expiration and the grace period deadlines. Customers can no longer make any changes to the subscription. The expiration date of a recurring subscription is calculated based on a 'last day of the month' principle. Let's say for instance that a monthly recurring subscription is starting on January 31st. In February, this subscription will expire on February 28th (or 29th for leap years). In March, the subscription will expire on 31st again.
- Disabled: The subscription is canceled through the Control Panel, API or an operation such as refund or upgrade. Customers can no longer make any changes to the subscription.