Custom reports help you extract account activity data through a series of predefined filters. You can use the default custom reports provided by 2Checkout or you can create your own.
You can use the following default custom reports:
- Currency breakdown. Top 5 currencies based on gross value across all your sales channels in the current month. Includes VAT, sales tax and refunds.
- Quarterly Revenue. Monthly comparison of net income across all your sales channels in the last 12 months compared to the previous 12 months.
- Yearly Comparison. Weekly split of top customer languages based on the number of products sold in the current month, compared with the same period last year.
- Sales By Source (SRC) - this year. Weekly split of top 5 sales sources in the current month.
- Net Income from Renewals. Total net income from automatic and manual renewals in the current month.
- Monthly orders. Monthly comparison of the number of orders across all your sales channels for the last 12 months, compared to the previous 12 months.
- Sales by Region. Top 3 geographic regions based on net sales in the last 12 months. VAT and taxes not included.
- Sales by Channel - Last 12 Months. Monthly comparison of the top 5 sales channels based on net sales for the last 12 months compared to the previous 12 months. VAT and taxes not included.
- Products Sold - Last 12 Months. Monthly comparison of the top 5 products sold in the last 12 months compared to the previous 12 months.
To access the Custom Reports section go to Reports center -> Custom reports.
Creating a custom report
Follow the steps below to create your own custom report.
- Go to Reports center -> Custom reports and click New custom report. Enter a unique name to easily identify the new report.
- Select a Report type.
- Gross Sales (includes VAT, shipping, commissions and sales tax)
- Net Sales (does not include VAT and other tax, otherwise it's the same as Gross Sales)
- Net Income (includes earnings generated from shipping but excludes discounts, taxes such as VAT, commissions, 2Checkout fees)
- Number of Orders
- Number of Products
- Define the advanced filters based on your needs
- Click Build report.
- Click Save report to save the new custom report to use it later. You can find it in the Custom reports section. The latest reports created are listed first and marked in blue in the Custom reports area, with the 2Checkout default custom reports displayed last and marked in red. Once you save a report, you have the option to delete it, modify it and save it as a new report, schedule it to run at predefined intervals and email the results to recipients of your choosing, or revert changes made without saving it as a new report.
While editing custom reports you can configure multiple filters to aggregate data.
- Grouping (top 5 or less). You can group results by:
- Geographic regions
- Sales channels
- Order currencies
- Customer languages
- Sales sources
- License types
- Partners (if Channel Manager is active on your account)
- Payment method
- Display additional results - Builds the report displaying additional results in the Other column.
- Date. Custom reports are not generated in real time. These reports centralize data available starting with the day prior to the moment you generate the report. A report built on July 10, 2015 provides information starting with July 9, 2015, 11:59:59 PM (GMT+2:00) and stretching back to the mark you set via the date drop down menu.
- Compare to past. Compare your business performance in a given time interval with an interval of the same length, either immediately preceding it, or from the previous year.
- Divide period by. Depending on the selected time interval, you can divide it by:
- Day (selected time interval is at least 1 day long)
- Week (selected time interval is at least 2 weeks long)
- Month (selected time interval is at least 2 months long)
- Quarter (selected time interval is at least 2 quarters long)
- Year (selected time interval is at least 2 years long).
- Aggregate reporting data for multiple accounts. Use the Accounts to include in report selector to specify which of the multiple accounts you own should the system extract data from when compiling the report. This option is only visible if you use multiple accounts.
Select products, both Active and Disabled, and extra delivery services such as Backup Media and DIS (Download Insurance), to include in the report.
Order and License filters
Custom reports can centralize data for completed and refunded orders. Refunded orders count as positive for custom reports. If you check the Refunded orders box, the report calculates the total revenue, and subtracts the refunds. When an order is refunded, 2Checkout generates a new order with a negative value (reflecting the amount of the refund). The total number of orders is the sum of initial and refunded orders.
Sales source (SRC). Select the sales sources to be included in the report. This filter only applies for less than 2000 available sales sources. If you have more than 2000 sources, all of them will be selected by default.
The report can include the following subscription types:
- New licenses (mobile and web)
- Renewals (automatic and manual, based on the Orders Origin filter)
- New licenses from trials (trial upgrades)
Filter the data included in the report based on:
- Geographic regions
- Order language
Use the Show only the transactions converting to filter to build the report only with the transactions converting to the specified settlement currency.
Currency conversion rates
For each settlement currency, only the amounts settled in that currency are included. If your account only has one settlement currency, the report will convert all transactions from other billing currencies to that settlement currency.
Note: If your account has EUR and USD as settlement currencies and uses EUR as default, selecting EUR as the settlement currency to display amounts will include orders settled in EUR and all other currencies, with the exception of USD. When selecting USD, the report only shows the orders settled in USD.
Sales channel filters
Filter the report data sales channel:
- Affiliates Network
- Network cross-selling (displayed only if the module is active)
- Partners (specific partners can be selected) (displayed only if channel manager is active)
You can select specific affiliates only if you have less than 100 active affiliates. If the number of affiliates you're working with exceeds 100 they will all be select by default.
You can schedule all custom reports to be performed automatically by 2Checkout system according to the privileges of the user configuring them. Once defined, the system will send out emails daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly including the report in PDF and/or CSV format.
You can set the recipients' email address, name the scheduled report, enter a description, set the schedule, and select specific reports that you want delivered.