Make it mandatory for your partners to attach end user information to orders.
You can also attach end user information on behalf of your partners.
When you enable this feature/require end user information, 2Checkout will fulfill/deliver orders only after the mandatory details are provided. When supplied by either you or your partners, required end user details trigger the finalization of purchases and orders reach the Complete status.
You need to configure at least one electronic delivery codes list, either static or dynamic to use this feature. You can manage code lists in the Electronic Delivery page.
How does this feature work?
When enabled, this feature makes end user information a requirement, and introduces a mandatory stage in the ordering process. End user information needs to be supplied by you, your partners or the end users for the orders to be fulfilled/delivered and reach the Complete status. Once attached, end user info is used for the details of the Customer entity created for each subscription.
- Attach end user info AFTER placing the order
- Manually for each license/subscription.
- Via CSV (comma separated values) upload.
- Send a registration email to customers and let them enter the end user information themselves.
- Attach end user info BEFORE placing the order
- Manually for each license/subscription.
- Via a CSV (comma separated values) file.
Partners have to provide the necessary details to push the order to the delivery/fulfillment stage, but you can also provide the details if you have them.
Alternatively, fulfillment can be done exclusively to partners, leaving them to deal with their customers, and in this case, no additional info is required.
When the system configuration is set to distribute products/keys to end users, customers are required to first register ahead of delivery/fulfillment.
Enable this feature
To require end user information for each order:
- Go to:
- Search for and edit:
- A specific partner.
- A partner program.
- Select the Commercial settings tab in either area.
- Scroll down to the Delivery settings area.
- Check the Requires end user information option under Codes Delivery.
- Select the After placing the order option to make end user information mandatory after orders are placed.
- Select the Before placing the order option to make end user information a mandatory stage of the ordering process.
- Orders are fulfilled/delivered and reach the Complete status only if end user information is attached.
Attaching end user information
Both you and your partners can add end user information after placing orders. End user information needs to be attached to the placed order for the 2Checkout system to fulfill/deliver it, otherwise, the order will not reach the Complete status.
Additionally, you can now identify end users/customers by the ‘customer external ID’ information in the listing results of the license report, without having to generate and open a CSV file.
To attach end user information, follow the steps below.
- Go to Partner orders.
- Search for and Edit an order.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen in the View Order page.
- Click Add now.
- Fill in all required info in the End user details.
- Click Save.
The end user details provided will also be copied to the customer information associated with the subscription.
As an alternative to manually attaching end user information to orders, you can upload CSV files with the desired details. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Go to Orders & customers -> Partner orders
- Search for an order.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen in the View Order area.
- Click Upload end user information in a .CSV file.
- Download the .CSV template provided.
- Fill in the end user details. It's very important that you do not modify the headers of the document template available for download, either by altering the text or by changing their order to ensure that the information will be introduced correctly into the system. Be advised that the CSV templates are each tailored (containing the 2Checkout license/subscription references) to the specific order for which you're downloading them.
- Upload the .CSV file.