To apply for a live account, you need to request the activation of your account. You need to provide information that will help us verify the business and identity of the individuals involved in your business.
Until your application is approved, you will see a blue banner at the top of your cPanel that displays “Your account is currently in demo mode” or “Your account is currently under evaluation”, depending on the status of your application.
Apply for a live account
On your Dashboard, you can apply for a live account by filling out your application.
All application fields are mandatory. It will take you about 5–10 minutes to complete the form. In case you don’t have all the information at hand, you can always save the application and continue at a later stage.
Make sure that you have the following documents ready to upload during the application process:
- A company registration document (chamber of commerce extract or articles of incorporation)
- A valid passport or official identity card (not a driver’s license) of the person signing the contract and of shareholders who, directly or indirectly, have 10% or more of the shares or voting rights. (Note that the MRZ code needs to be clearly visible.)
Tell us the basics about your business.
- Select the country where your business is located
- Let us know what annual volumes you expect to transact through your 2Checkout account
- For start-ups with no processing history, we recommend entering $10,000 - $30,000 or less, unless you have some special circumstances around your launch. Otherwise, use your current processing statements as a guide
- What are the primary product/services you plan to sell? Your business must operate within the permitted use of 2Checkout services outlined in our Acceptable Use Policy
- If you are selling tangible (physical) goods, let us know if you keep your own stock and inventory
Tell us about your products or services. The information you provide below will help us to verify and understand what your customers will receive.
- Tell us more about your product/s by providing a product description URL. This can be a link where we can download your product or review a description of what your product/services offer your customers
- If you prefer to manage your own taxes and invoices, let us know the following:
- If you have your own Refund Policy? If not, you can use 2Checkout's default Refund Policy
- If you have your own Delivery Policy? If not, you can use 2Checkout's default Delivery Policy
Tell us about your company. The information you provide below will help us to verify and understand your business.
- Let us know what the legal structure of your business is by selecting one of the applicable business types.
- Individual or Sole proprietorship – you own an unincorporated business and you are the only person responsible and liable for all your company’s profit and debts
- Partnership – your company’s profit and debts are owned and/or shared by two or more individuals
- Private corporation – your company’s shares are not publicly traded and are held by a small number of stockholders (shareholders)
- Public Corporation – your company’s shares are publicly traded and are held by a large number of stockholders (shareholders)
- Nonprofit Corporation – your company serves the public interest and runs charitable activities or is raising funds from the public
- Enter your tax/VAT registration number – The Tax or Value Added Tax number (VAT) is issued by the Tax Office at the moment of registration of the business. You can provide your Tax or Employer Identification Number, or, in case you use your Social Security Number for business tax purposes, you can provide that instead
- Enter the date your business was established
- Enter your company address – this cannot be from a Virtual Box or a P.O. Box
- Enter the business legal name – This must be the official registered name of your company. 2Checkout will verify if the tax ID provided matches the exact legal business name, so make sure it is correct
- Add the business owner's phone number - customer happiness is our #1 priority. In the unlikely event that we need to contact you, a phone number is our preferred alternative to email. 2Checkout will not spam you.
To be compliant with financial regulations and anti-money-laundering laws, 2Checkout is required to know the identity of individuals who substantially control or own your company. Tell us about yourself and any beneficiary having 10% or more voting rights, shares or other direct or indirect control in your company.
- Enter your legal first and last names
- Enter your birth date
- Enter your social security number – this will be used for identity verification and soft credit check that will not affect your credit score
- Enter your full address
- Upload documents that prove your identity – you need to upload a copy for each of the below document types:
- Valid government issued ID (both front and back side images)
- Valid address proof, such as electricity bill, telephone bill (no older than 2 months from the date when you upload the scanned copies).
- Let us know if you are the sole owner of the business. If not, enter your ownership share, together with information regarding the other owners and their respective legal information.
Select the payout method you would like 2Checkout to use for issuing your transfers. These are the possible values:
- Wire Transfer – requires bank information such as bank name, city, currency and bank account number
- Electronic Funds Transfer – requires bank information such as bank name, city, currency, IBAN, Swift and Bank routing number
- PayPal – requires a payout currency and PayPal address
- Payoneer – requires a payout currency and a Payoneer ID. Get a Payoneer ID
Upload business documents
Upload at least one copy for each document type listed below:
- Company ownership documents (such as articles of incorporation or organization, showing beneficial ownership)
- Tax identification documents
- Government issued ID such as the passport or national identity card (front and back side)
- Valid Address Proof – address of principal place of business/headquarters
You can also upload any other valid and relevant documents that can prove your identity and offer proof of ownership for your company.
After filling in your information, you can submit the application for review. If there are any empty fields, the application will return an error.
Once submitted, the 2Checkout's underwriting team will review your application right away and will get in touch with you, in case additional details are needed or notify you about the resolution.
If additional information is required:
- You will receive an email notification
- The third step on your Dashboard will display the message “Your attention is needed – Some details in your activation request need your attention”
- You can update your request and provide the additional information requested by the 2Checkout's underwriting team
Sign the contract and go live!
By submitting the application for review you will also acknowledge and accept the Terms and Conditions and Services Agreement that will become your binding contract as soon as the application is approved by the 2Checkout's underwriting team.
Once your application is approved, your account is live and can be used for real transactions. 2Checkout strongly recommends that you test your integration one last time before you publish your buying links and start processing live payments.
Your Dashboard will continue to display sample data until you register your first real transaction.